11.16.2012

My Exercise Routine: It is not about being skinny

Hi Everyone,
I hope today was a good day for you. It has been raining in Singapore, I like rain but it may detain my exercise routine. I just finished my evening run, it was so much fun, I ran under the drizzle. I feel so nostalgic when I memorize the old days under the misty rain. While I was running, my mind was wandering to the old days the days when all those memories started. It is a bittersweet longing.
Well, I want to share my exercise routine to all of you. As we know, Asian girls are blessed with tiny statures, by nature you are already gorgeous.How wonderful it is! You don't have to exercise all day to get the body and you can still eat your favorite food. Some of my friends have good metabolism, they just do nothing to be awesome...hehe

However, not all Asian girls are blessed with the quality. Including me, I am not one of lucky girls. By nature, I am a stocky short girl with broad shoulder,moreover I have a round face. Wow, what a combination. No wonder, when I was in school some people called me a fatso I was 55 kilos in my 158 cm frame..(it was so sad, but who cares I get over it). Therefore, I force myself to exercise. At first, it was a difficult, I had to kick myself out of my bed and jogged very early in the morning. It has been 2 years since I did my first exercise routine. Now, everything is getting better. I regained my little confidence. I feel so much better now, not only I am smaller but also I am happier.

Normally, I exercise 5-6 times a week. I like yoga and running.I run 4-5 times a week and do yoga when I don't run. Yoga is very good for relaxing your muscles and your mind. It makes you less stressed and calm during busy weekdays. I usually do some runs in jogging tracks in my vicinity. When I get bored running outdoor I go to the gym.I mix some strength training to my cardio as well. You need to do some stretching before exercising at least 5-10 minutes. It helps you to avoid injuries during the training. Above all, you need to stay active, don't be couch potatoes.When you are at home don't just watch TV but keep going. You can clean the house,cook and many more.

You also need to control your calories intake, I control my diet. I don't eat fatty food, red meat, and rice.I eat a lot of veggies, I don't really like fruits because sometimes it is too sweet for me.
 I eat in small portions so It won't make stomach hurt, the good thing is my stomach gets adjusted to small portions. However, your diet is your personal matter, you should consult to your nutritionist. Bottom line, if you have a lot of activities you need to eat more.Don't limit yourself just because you want to be skinny as the girls in magazines. Remember, every girl has different body...You need to get enough sleep as well, it boosts your metabolism. Don't stay up too late. If you stick to your healthy diet and exercise you might not expose yourself to cigarettes and alcohol. Believe, those two things bring no benefits to you.

Some girls are afraid of exercising, they think they get muscular and bigger (this opinion only comes from Asian girls I assume).The assumption is not true because when you start exercising your fat turns to muscles which are good and weigh more. Some skinny girls might have light body but it doesn't mean they have muscles and have less fat. Don't worry your muscles are sexier than bones and skins. You can see some attractive girls in Olympic, they have toned bodies, I simply adore them. You need a hard work to achieve it, not just starve yourself...

The benefits of exercising are not just to have a skinny body but it makes you happier, don't have to think about other people's opinions.You need to change the mindset, get active and you will be a better person inside and outside. Healthier, happier, and skinner as the excess of your exercise routine...Cheers...

4 comments:

  1. nice blog!

    http://aimerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. “It is not about being skinny.” - You got it, Damaris! I believe that main benefit of exercising is being fit and healthy. Getting fit is just an added bonus for the whole enchilada!

    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandon, thanks for your comment. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete