2.11.2013

Awwww....(my journey to my first marathon)

Hello Everyone,
I have trained for my first marathon since January (one of my New Year's resolutions). The event is scheduled in December this year (still months from now). Singapore has an annual marathon event. I am hoping to join the event.Running is one of my hobbies, I find it addictive. I will be upset if I can't run every day, well I take a day-two days off in a week to rest my legs. It is a little bit crazy, isn't it? but running helps me to gain my self esteem, my happiness and improve my health. In some ways, it also reduces my stress.Running in a long distance is not a new thing for me,I have enjoyed running for two years, before that I was pretty much a couch potato(no kidding!). Everyday, I run 5-10 km, 5-6 times a week. I usually run in the evening because I am kind of busy during the day. I spend 1-1,5 hours to exercise, it is not enough for training to a marathon, I need to increase my strength and endurance. However, I will gradually increase my fitness level. You know marathon is like a 42 km race,it is very far but I am optimistic. It is not a light challenge I need to focus because It takes a lot of efforts. I might participate in some running events before the big deal comes, but I need to be very picky since they are not free events and usually the events are very far from my house.
I will be updating my progress until I can run in my first event. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment