11.12.2012

Skinny, Light Complexion,and Pointed Nose

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.” 

Audrey Hepburn

Well, amidst the publications of slim body figures on mass media. I realize, the body image is very important to shape your performance in a society. If you don't fit with a society's ideal point views, you'll be an outcast. I think many girls have been suffered by women's ideal portrayals, especially in Asian culture, the news about Korean superstars have driven many women to unrealistic body image and plastic surgery procedures. Most young Asian women are fascinated by the pictures of ideal women that are shaped by media. I never saw the booming of plastic surgery back then, but now in every corner of publications some girls who have gone under the knife become new superstars. I am totally amazed by the progress after surgery which shows some girls with new looks.They become prettier than before.


I simply understand the insecure feeling when you are not pretty according to the media,sometimes I feel it as well. I don't blame them who are able to take the decision. I understand the feeling.

For girls being pretty and accepted socially are very important especially when you don't have strong moral values, a loving family and a terrible social life where your friends around you mock you just because you are not attractive enough to hangout with them. Some girls with those backgrounds have to admit that social acceptance is very crucial to their self-esteems.I don't want to judge  anyone because they have their own circumstances. However, I have to come to a question " is there any peace in mind ?" .


In my experience,when people don't deal with their personal conflicts they will find some a big deep hole inside their hearts. It is very unhappy when the hole sucks you into its bottomless end. I think we have to stop and realize that there are many unfortunate events that are experienced by people. Don't be miserable just because you don't look like girls on TV shows. We have to be grateful that we are alive, healthy and have our lives. Don't be shallow people who judge and praise people just because their appearances. For me, to be a simple person makes me happier,don't have to set our performances by other people's standards because we were born not to please those people. Be strong people...

No comments:

Post a Comment