11.13.2012

A Brazilian Restaurant in Singapore: Carnivore

Hi everyone,
I went to a Brazilian restaurant last night, it wasn't a new experience for me because I went to a Brazilian buffet before. For some people, you might find it new and interesting.Basically, the restaurant i went last night was a steak house.
Brazilian people call it  churrascaria (Portugese  is a Brazilian steakhouse). Churrasco is the cooking style, which translates roughly from the Portuguese for 'barbecue'. The modern Brazilian restaurants serve their food using rodizio service. The service is when one pays a fixed price and the waiters will bring samples of food to each costumer at several times until the customers notify that they have enough.Passadores (meat waiters) come to the table with knives and a skewer, on which are speared various kinds of meat, be it beef, pork, filet mignon, lamb, chicken, duck, ham (and pineapple), sausage, fish, or any other sort of local cut of meat. So, we just need to wait the waiters to bring us food.


Back to Carnivore (the restaurant I went to), it has several branches throughout the city. I went to Chjimes branch, it is a cluster of restaurants and bar in a historic building complex. It once housed a Catholic convent school known as the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus (CHIJ) and their convent quarters known as Caldwell House. The complex is located at Victoria Street in the Downtown Core, within the Central Area, Singapore's central business district. The place brings back the memory of colonial days, in Semarang maybe it's equal to the Old City district or Lawang Sewu.

The Brazilian restaurant is inside the complex, I went there for dinner (they are also open for lunch but the menu offered is different) so I couldn't see the whole area since it's darker at night.I believe it is a beautiful place to hang out and eat. You can get your dinner there at 06.00 pm until it is closed ( I don't know the exact time). The place has an outdoor dining and indoor dining, since I don't like smokers I prefer the indoor one.It has a bar at the outdoor dining.
The place is a decent place to eat, although it doesn't have a distinctive decoration. The only thing that remind you of Brazil is the music that they play during your meal. I enjoyed it, it cheered me up a little bit. The restaurant offers a salad bar where you can mix your favorite fruits and veggies, also some other foods that you might like. I only ate some veggies and roasted potatoes. It tasted good.

The waiter showed the place to sit and gave a token to me, so it is a small sign that you can show the waiters that you are ready for your food or you have it enough. Remember, you are gonna eat some dishes in consecutive times. I recommend you to go with a fairly empty stomach, so you can eat a lot and don't waste your money (it is expensive, for a person you pay almost 50 dollars). I basically just sat and waited for the waiters to serve the food. I don't eat red meat so I only got a little bit of fish and chicken,the place can make profits from people like me hehehe. Definitely, the place like this is for people who love eating meat, so they won't regret spending every penny on it. The food was delicious and the service was good as well. If you look for a different ambiance and experience you can give this place a shot. You can get to this place easily, just take MRT to City Hall station and take exit A. If you don't like Brazilian restaurants you can just look for other options, since it is a complex of restaurants. You can find Mexican food, Japanese or Korean food. However, you need to bring extra money because the price is not friendly to your wallet...
See you in my next post...have a nice wonderful day...Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment