4.11.2012

New Spirit on Easter Where I Found God (again)...

It has been hard to find a church to go if you a totally newbie in a new place. I experienced it, until last Good Friday, I searched some churches which are near to my apartment. I found a church nearby, not really close to where i live, i had


to take a bus/walk and take a train. I really wanted to attend a Good Friday service, it was a relief i went to it.
For me, a week before Easter is crucial, it's not about celebration but it's about how we commemorate Jesus as our Lord. I think i feel the real ambience in it.

I went to the same church for another service on Easter day, i came too early so i had to wait other people left the sanctuary room. Anyway, i made it on time. I really liked the sermon on that day. The preacher was a senior citizen, he talked smoothly with a lil bit Singaporean accent. Sometimes, It's hard to understand common Singaporeans when they are talking to me. Not because, their accent but also they talk so very fast. The preacher was Ronny Tan, he was a medium man with very calm yet passionate personality. He taught about how to develop Total Man (body, spirit and soul). I was surprised it wasn't about Easter theme sermon, but i did understand that the ressurection brought our lives in fully new perspectives, we should leave our old selves behind, because they died with Jesus in crucifixion.
As new men in Jesus, we should be able to live our life according Jesus' paths and also treasure our lives accordingly.

There are 6 steps to develop our total men inside us (new body, spirit, and soul since God has blessed us abundantly so we are not going to toss the blessings)
1. Understand God's Promises in proper perspective and balance
We are God's children so we have rights to claim our needs, don't hesitate to ask and communicate our needs to God but we also remember we have to understand His words. We can manage with balance if we read the Bible and pray everyday. Therefore, it's not embarrassing to talk with God as long as we commit to His words. (Psalm 37: 4)

2. Meditate and Partake of God's word (Psalm 37: 1-5)
In amidst of our lives, there are tears, joys, laughters but we need to take a time where we can contemplate and talk to God. We need to understand what God's intend to do with our lives and we should believe in Him. I remember, when our wishes don't work out, and we get frustrated and blame God for being mean to us. But, it's not that sometimes we have limits that we can't cross, we just need to be relaxed and let God do the rest. If He could create the World and its comlplexities and i believe that He can lift our burdens away.

3. Pray in the spirit habitually.
You already knew that praying is our intimate communication with God. Sometimes, when we stuck and don't know what to say we lose our words. But let it be,God leads us beyond our words. He knows what we really needs. Not only, tangible aspects of our lives but also intangible aspects. So, pray and communicate with God.

4. Cultivate the attitude of prayise regardless what happens
In life, we can face many deppressing situations, joyful situations and etc. Sometimes, we forget and blame the Lord for our misfortunes. We forget everything that he have provided for us. Our family, our health, our home etc. We just see Him bad whenever our plans don't work as we want. We shouldn't do it...i am trying to praise the Lord although it's hard when i am in pain or sorrow, but i believe as long as God still gives me health I can't ask for more. I always try to put myself in a reflection how if i were in bed, sick...i wouldn't do anything and it's terrible. That's why,there is always a simple thing to be grateful for.

5. Give God's word in the first place
Everything we do in our lives should be referred to God's word. We should apply those on our daily basis. Everytime when we want to make a decision for our problems, go to God and ask Him.

6. Cultivate Sensitivity to the voice of Holy Spirit speaking to our human spirits.
God talks to your spirit, you should hear it. Maybe in my opinion, it's our consciences, we understand when we in dilemmas God speaks through us. Not directly, but he whispers to our spirits. Don't ignore it. I believe we already know when there are some wicked things in front of us but instead of avoiding it we jump to it. We should listen to our hearts because God is there. It gives clarity to our decisions.

All in all, I was mesmerised and also slammed by the sermon. I just feel that i was avoiding God while he was trying to reach out. I am trying to be a total man in spirit,body and soul that needs efforts. But, i believe I can do it because i know God will lead and give me new hopes everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment